Saturday, February 18, 2012

Galapagos Part Deux (March 2011)

 Johann's facility... IOI
 Getting ready to go SCUBA
 Cute little dudes
 Not so cute little dudes
 They like to bark when they aren't doing this
View from IOI

Well since I have more pictures I guess I have to write a little more… The facility where we stayed is Johann’s baby. I mean that in every sense of the word. He is backed by UM (University of Miami) now, but when he started IOI (Isabela Research Institute) he was on his own. He would go to the states before a new semester, get into his Dad’s old Golf VW, and sell seat by seat all over FL. And that was after he slyly worked himself into a position on the island with a facility and staff. So… that’s about the end of my pitch, but if you are going to school (mainly biology fields) and want to do a semester in the Galapagos… hit up Johann and IOI. It is a great program and place.

JR… out

No comments: