Saturday, December 11, 2010

CCX Hot ‘Lanta





One of the best parts of flight school is getting out on the “road” with an instructor for a Cross Country flight. Zach Moorer and I asked LT Osterhaus to take us on a CCX to Atlanta for the weekend. It just happened that Zach’s father has season tickets for USC, so they had tickets to the SEC Championship game that weekend. The flights were fun and not stressful at all. LT Osterhaus is a great instructor and made the flights fun, but we learned a lot. On the way to Atlanta one of our stops was Montgomery, Alabama. The pics above are from a small memorial to John Long, Jr… holder of the Guinness Book of World Record for the most flight hours as pilot-in-command. 64,000 something hours is ridunculous. Yes, ridunculous. In Atlanta we stayed at a hotel in mid-town and had a night out on the town Friday night. My mission was to get to a strip club. Mission Accomplished. Saturday night I spent at my buddy Brian’s house with his family and our friend Richard and his wife. By the way Brian… thank you (and your beautiful wife) for the great dinner! It was a good time; I hadn’t seen those guys in probably 5 years. The ride back to Pensacola was long and cold. Zach broke the back window in the helo, so I had to make a fort out of flight bags to stay warm for the last 2 hour leg of our trip home. I wish I had more pics of the trip, but I lost my camera the weekend before.


JR… out.

No comments: