Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back in the Saddle (RI Flights)






So now I’m back in the helo. Two blocks of RI flights to complete until I am an instrument rated pilot. RI’s are about as much fun as a prostate exam. Hopefully the next few weeks will go by quickly. I have completed the first block already without too much trouble. The next 5 flights are where you make your money though… they culminate with your instrument check ride. Only 5 more flights under the hood and then on to the fun stuff. After RI’s I get to do some ship landings, search and rescue, and low level flights. I’m excited. Shooting multiple approaches and being stressed out from a lack of sleep and studying for the briefs everyday gets old real quick. I’m just going to stop complaining and finish this thing up, I’ll post soon with the status of my check ride (should be in the next couple weeks). Wish me luck!


JR… out.

No comments: