Monday, August 23, 2010

Fams!







It has been a few weeks since my last post.  I have been really busy, but decided to sit down to write a few lines in here. I finished up ground school, and have moved into the FAM flight stage.  Similar to Primary Training over at North Whiting Field... the purpose of these flights are to get you ready to solo and introduce you to flying helicopters.  I flew my first graded event today, and I did pretty well.  I'm happy with how the flight went, normally I am very critical of myself.  Obviously I still have a long way to go.  I have about 6 more flights to go until my FAM partner and I take out the bird by ourselves.  My FAM partner is an Italian student, Luca Giannini.  I guess that is all for now, I will try to get more pics up soon.

JR... out.

6 comments:

Arthur said...

That thing looks tiny! I bet it can be pretty sporty to fly. I flew (more like rode) in a Huey in Japan while I was enlisted. Every little wind gust as we went over the mountains pushed the bird all over the place! Awesome to hear training is trucking right along for ya!

JR Walsh said...

Thanks Arthur! Yeah, things are going well. I actually am about to get some studying done right now. How is your package coming along? Let me know if you need any help.

Arthur said...

It's kind of at a stoping point. I have my application all filled out, I have LOR's lined up. I just put in for a hostage negotiator position at work to try and "boost" my package for a pro-rec. I'm just paranoid about that dang ASTB and the math section. Trying to cram cram cram while I still work full time, take care of my 5 month old boy and keep on top of my classes for my degree. Oh and most importantly keep my weight in check and train for that PRT.

JR Walsh said...

Well, stick with it man. You sound plenty qualified, just get it finished up so you can get out here and start training. ;)

Arthur said...

Hey, thanks a lot! Very motivating! I'm not giving up till there's no chance (as in too old and no way they'd say yes).

Arthur said...

Some people over on the OCS website are saying the backlog in P-Cola is gone adn that guys (including them personally) are going straight to API after IFS.
I wonder if the big back log has really been fixed if selections might start going up? They've been kinda low lately from my understanding.
I really need to get my studying on hard core to try and submit soon. Don't want to miss a "golden oppurtiny" if it actually exists.