Sunday, June 13, 2010

Primary Complete Sucka!


All done!  Well... with this phase.  I finished with a 53.4 NSS.  I know that doesn't mean much to anyone not in flight school but lets say the average at the squadron bounces around 47.  50 is the cut for Jets, and the grades are on a curve with the past 200 students with an 80 being the top of the curve.  I am happy how I finished.  I am ready for selection and have decided that I am going to put helos as my first choice.  I don't want to say I was talked into it by LT Rack and LT Kiffer, I actually had been on the fence for a few weeks now.  They helped fill me in on things about the helo community of which I wasn't aware.  I had always wanted P-3s, but the closer I got to selection, the more I felt like I would fit into the helo community better.  P-3's fly instruments alot (basically what I did for the last month of Primary flight school) and I hate instruments.  They aren't fun.  Helo's fly VFR (visual flight rules) pretty much most of the time and I really enjoy being able to see the ground and see where I am going.  Most helo pilots are really cool and not douchey as well.  I used to have all the jokes for helos and the guys that picked them.  "You know a helo is 5 million parts flying in loose formation right?"  Blah, blah, blah.  In the end, I am excited about my choice, we'll see how it pans out.

JR... out.

No comments: