Thursday, May 7, 2009

Accurate at 50 Yards







This morning I dragged myself out of bed to meet with Father David out in the woods at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club. When I showed up he had a pistol loaded up for me and a target ready. He really went out of his way to hook me up, David is a real cool guy. Anyhow, I got to shoot a .22 revolver pistol in a practice NRA conventional pistol competition. It consisted of firing slow, timed, and rapid fire at 50 and 25 yards. Alot of fun, and yes... I am deadly. Lol, not really- but I did do pretty well for my first time (I was told)... it must be those sick Duck Hunt skills. It was nice to get out and do something different... and it was a great stress reliever. Thanks alot David, I had a great time.

JR... out.

2 comments:

Brother Frank Gilbert said...

Hows the officer life treating you? Watch out for those Aussie's...

JR Walsh said...

Good Frank,

Officer life is ok. Here at this training command they treat us like a bunch of kids... there is a whole bunch of fresh Ensigns right out of college. Other than that, everything is great!