Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweet Home Jacksonville?

I am finally home. For more than just a few days. After OCS, I drove back to Jacksonville from Rhode Island... it is a 20 hour drive so I split it up into 2 and a half days. I visited friends in Jersey, D.C., and North Carolina. Once I got home I had 4 days to rest and then drove to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. :) I had never been before and sprung for a 4 night hotel room as a graduation present to myself. I was joined by Jimmel and my buddy Reggie from OCS. Let me tell you... 4 days in New Orleans was almost too much. My wallet is still suffering and I think I might need a new liver. It was a good time. Check out my Facebook if you want to see some pictures from our time there. After New Orleans I drove back to Jacksonville (9 hours) and stayed for 4 more days. Then I was off to Pensacola (5.5 hours). Pensacola for 4 days, and now I am back in Jax. Ridiculous? I think so. Anyhow, here are a few pictures of my commissioning and a picture of Jimmel and I at the beach. (Sorry guys no speedo this time, maybe later) I am definately in much better shape than when I left. Keep checking back, I should start my "Initial Flight Screening" in a couple months and will have pictures of the aircraft I am flying and maybe some videos from the air. See you guys soon.

On liberty in OCS

Hotel room pimpin'

Commissioned!

Almost Spring Break ready!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats!!!

Aidan would like to know, why an officer would be on the beach, and not working? I told him you were trying out a new line of clothing called something there other than strings.

JR Walsh said...

Lol. Thanks Matt. I got your message on Facebook too. I look forward to seeing you in the future, maybe our paths will cross again soon. Until then, I will try and get a madchine up and visit you guys online every once in a while. Flight school is going to be nuts.