Monday, March 9, 2009

The Skinny on OCS...

Well... it has been almost a month since my commissioning (the 13th of February) and I am currently enjoying wearing the uniform of a Naval Officer. OCS was a tougher journey than I thought it would be. I guess I thought that it would be similar to bootcamp (alot of yelling, alot of running, and push-ups), but it wasn't. Of course there was yelling (by the Drill Instructors), a lot of running (which I am not very good at), and a ridiculous amount of push-ups (thank you Gunny Coyer for the infamous "8 counts, ready... begin"). But I guess I wasn't ready for the mental stress that came along with the program and added to the physical stress that my out of shape body was going through. I'm not going to make this a multiple paragraph crying section, but I will offer this advice for anyone interested in an OCS program (especially the Navy's)... get your mind right. It is hard, long, and just plain miserable. I am glad it is over, and ready to move on to bigger and better things. Here are some pics of the "fun" times. :)

The SUYA pit (Sand Up Your A$$)

Just for fun

Always sweaty...

Get the idea? Lol.


No comments: