Thursday, October 23, 2008

Off to Newport, RI

Today is Thursday the 23rd. 2 days before I make the drive up to Newport to start my training. It is a long haul so I'm gonna split up the drive and visit some friends on the way. I have been feeling pretty nervous lately but I guess that is normal? The last time I went through any training that could even be compared to this was over 9 years ago. It also doesn't comfort me to know that I am one of the older candidates in my OCS class... the majority of the group is in their mid to lower twenties (I am 27). I know, I know... I'm not that old right? Well my body tells me different (my Mom says it is from too much partying and the booze), still... I have to stretch ALOT. Anyhow, I'm ready to do this. Ready to get it on. I will have very little communication for the next couple months, but I expect to get on a computer closer to Christmas and over holiday break (Christmas is the only time of year leave is authorized at this command). Here is a cool website that has some slideshows and an in-depth write-up on what happens at OCS for those of you interested.

http://www.projo.com/extra/2008/ocs/

It is also in my "Blog Links" on the right side of the page, the title is Pushed to the Limit.
Photobucket
Well... I guess this is goodbye for now. I look forward to posting some more pics after OCS. Maybe a few with me in a speedo? I think I will. Just so we can have before and afters (I am guessing I will lose around 20 pounds)... here is the before (this is for you Mom/George).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little to busy to keep us up to date I see...who woulda figured?

from...an anonymous and very humble MMCM(SS)